Autumn Covid Booster and Flu Vaccinations.
Just an update regarding the autumn covid booster and flu vaccinations. We are currently working on arranging clinics to vaccinate those who are eligible for these vaccinations, throughout the coming months.
The following people should be offered the autumn covid vaccination:
- Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in the care homes for older adults
- Frontline health and social care workers
- All adults aged 50 years and over
- Persons aged 5 to 49 in a clinical risk group
- Persons aged 5 to 49 who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- Persons aged 16 to 49 who are carers
The following people should be offered the flu vaccination:
- All children aged 2 or 3 years on 31st August 2022
- All primary school aged children (from reception to Year 6)
- Those aged 6 months to under 65 in clinical risk groups
- Pregnant women
- Those aged 65 years and over
- Those in long-stay residential care homes
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Frontline staff employed by the following types of social and care providers:
- A registered residential care or nursing home
- Registered domiciliary care provider
- A voluntary managed hospice provider
- Secondary school-aged children focusing on Years 7,8 and 9 and any remaining vaccine will be offered to years 10 and 11 subject to vaccine availability
- Those aged 50 to 64 years old not in clinical risk groups (including those who turn 50 by 31st March 2023)
We will be in contact with you if you are eligible for these vaccinations, over the next couple of weeks. Please note, we will start contacting those who are clinically vulnerable, carers or those who are aged 65 years and over first, and then those between 50 to 64 years after the 15th of October. Thank you for your patience.